Trauma insurance

What is trauma insurance?

Trauma insurance pays a lump sum if you have a major injury or illness. The types of injury or illness covered depend on the policy, but they include things like heart attack, cancer and stroke.

When will I use trauma insurance?

You can make a claim for trauma insurance if you have one of the illnesses or injuries listed in your policy. People typically use trauma insurance payouts to assist with medical expenses not covered by health insurance, nursing or temporary relocation expenses, clearing or servicing debt or even enabling their partner to take time off work while they recover.

How much trauma insurance do I need?

You CRA adviser will help you work out the level of trauma cover you need, based on how your lifestyle and finances would be affected by an illness or injury. People often take out trauma insurance alongside income protection insurance, which makes regular payments during the time you’re unable to work.

How much does trauma insurance cost?

The cost of trauma insurance depends on the amount of cover you need and your level of risk. Your CRA adviser will compare products from different insurers to get you the best policy to suit your requirements at a competitive price.

How easy is trauma insurance to organise?

When you’re a CRA client, we take all the hassle out of organising trauma insurance. We look after everything from initial advice to completing applications to regularly reviewing your cover, especially when your circumstances change. If you ever need to make a claim, we’ll help you through the process.

Make an appointment with a CRA adviser